I know I’m a little late to the party but Happy New Year to you all! I wish you all the best for the year ahead!
I’m not really one for making New Years Resolutions (I tend to make the same ones and break them a week into January!) so this year I’ve just decided to focus more on blogging goals and targets that are pretty easily achievable but also that will allow me to make my blog bigger and better.
- Upload to YouTube twice per month – I tend to upload my Glossybox unboxing and that’ll be it, I plan to do more but I never get round to it so this year I’m going to push myself into it.
- Post at least twice a week to my blog – I’ve really fallen behind when it comes to blog posts, I just haven’t had the motivation recently which really isn’t good but this year I need to get my act together if I want to start moving forward with blogging.
- Start taking better photos more often – I used to do this all the time but one thing or another always get in the way recently and I take minimal photos like once or twice a month which is pretty pathetic in all honesty so this is a main one to follow.
- Finally reach 50,000 Instagram followers – Obviously with better quality photos that I shall be taking I’ll also be able to entice people to stay for longer and actually be able to create photos that make other people want to follow me and my blog.
- Promote blog more across social media – When I first started blogging I would sit for ages and post my latest blog posts to every makeup or blog related group on Facebook and my stats were rocketing but now they’re dwindling down and I really don’t like it so I’ll be starting that up again!
- Buy less Makeup *sobs* – This is going to be one of the hardest challenges I’ve set myself but it needs to be done! I have more makeup than I would ever use so instead of buying new things all the time I shall be pulling out older products that I haven’t used for a while and rekindle my love for those too.
- Try new brands – Ok, so this totally contradicts number 6 but we all need a fix at some point or another! There are lliterally so many brands and products I still haven’t managed to try yet so these kind of class as necessities, brands such as Juvia’s Place, Morphe, Sephora, OFRA and Jouer are on my to try list!
- Save for the ultimate Christmas haul! – We’re heading off to America at the end of the year so of course I shall be buying a whole load of new makeup to try out so I need a reasonable sized budget!
I bet by the end of the year each and every one of these will have been broken at least once (but not as quick as my diet!)
What new years resolutions or goals have you set for the year?